[meta-xilinx] Failure building attr recipe

Nathan Rossi nathan at nathanrossi.com
Wed Jul 22 03:02:22 PDT 2015

On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 2:00 AM, Alan Hughes
<alanhughes at e2eservices.co.uk> wrote:
> I have just (very recently) been hit with a problem when bitbake attempts to
> build "attr" using Yocto Dizzy (1.7.1 and 1.7.2). Basically everything is
> fine until we hit the do_install phase; at that point we get a failure with
> the following messages:
>

> | sed: can't read
> /home/stde/Projects/BSP/yocto-1.7.2/build/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/attr-native/2.4.47-r0/image/home/stde/Projects/BSP/yocto-1.7.2/build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/lib/libattr.la:
> No such file or directory
> | WARNING:
> /home/stde/Projects/BSP/yocto-1.7.2/build/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/attr-native/2.4.47-r0/temp/run.do_install.43173:1
> exit 2 from
> |   sed -i
> /home/stde/Projects/BSP/yocto-1.7.2/build/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/attr-native/2.4.47-r0/image/home/stde/Projects/BSP/yocto-1.7.2/build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/lib/libattr.la
> -e
> s,^libdir=\'/home/stde/Projects/BSP/yocto-1.7.2/build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/lib\'$,libdir=\'/home/stde/Projects/BSP/yocto-1.7.2/build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/lib\',
> | ERROR: Function failed: do_install (log file is located at
> /home/stde/Projects/BSP/yocto-1.7.2/build/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/attr-native/2.4.47-r0/temp/log.do_install.43173)
>

> Obviously the build script is looking for "libattr.la" and not finding it;
> when I have a look in the build directory I can find this file, but it is
> not being copied to the install directory.
>

> At the moment I am completely stuck - can anyone give me any pointers as to
> what the problem is and how I can go about fixing it?

Hi Alan,

It looks like the error you are getting for the attr build is related
to the native (aka host build) and not for the target. It might have
something to do with your hosts configuration or setup, or something
along those lines. Are you using a distro that was supported/validated
for the Dizzy release?

First if you haven't try doing a clean and rebuild in-case there is
some odd state or something (or just a re-build of attr, bitbake
attr-native -c cleansstate && bitbake attr-native). If you hit the
same issue again, its worth sifting though or posting the
"log.do_compile" and "log.do_install" logs to see if there is any more
information about what is going wrong.

Also its worth posting your issue to the Yocto/OE mailing list as
well, since as this is a general issue and not specifically related to
meta-xilinx.

Regards,
Nathan