[meta-xilinx] bitbake new version of xilinx_emacps.c

Edward Wingate edwingate8 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 22:58:08 PDT 2015

On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 2:28 PM, Harold Lapprich
<hlapprich at pixel-velocity.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the quick response and pointing me to 5.8.3 of the document. Would you want me to
> commit the upgraded 'xlinix_emacps.c' when I am not the author of the driver (the changes are
> need for IEEE1588 PTP Slave Synchronization and work in 3.14)?

You will be committing only to your local repository and only to
create the patch.  It won't be pushed anywhere or even retained
locally (Yocto will apply your patch during the build), so you're
fine.

> Ran into an issue when executing the commands in Section 5.8.3 in an attempt
> to create the patch file:
>
> When attempting to create the patch I got another patch in response
> (s0001-time-Fixup-fallout-from-recent-clockevent-tick-chang.patch. The patch
> in response is irrelevant in this case so what should I do since a patch
> file wasn't created?

Your commit failed because git wasn't configured with your name and
email.  When you went ahead and performed the git format-patch, it
created a patch from I don't know what.  I was going to say from the
last commit in the repo, but the patch seemed to be created from a
commit back in 2014 which sounds implausible to be the last commit.
So I don't know what the rules are there.

> *** Please tell me who you are.
>
> Run
>
>   git config --global user.email "you at example.com"
>   git config --global user.name "Your Name"

So go ahead and run those commands to configure git, filling in your
info.  Then do the git commit again and everything following that in
the instructions.  You should be able to create your patch now.