[meta-xilinx] Zedboard question

Scott Winchburgh scott.winchburgh at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 08:31:36 PST 2015

I'm realy new so maybe this is a dumb question but does anyone have the
core-image-sato  GUI running on the HDMI display on a Zedboard ? I bought a
Digilent Zedboard from Avnet and thought I'd learn some Yocto but I can't
get graphics to work with anything except the Digilent kernel .

I'm only uing oe-core and meta-xilinx in my bblayers and the machine I'm
choosing is the zedboard-zynq7 .  I tried using BOOT.BIN from the SD card
but it hangs really early on so I built a new BOOT.BIN with bootgen and the
system.bit and zynq_fsbl_0.elf that I got from the Zedboard_Linux_design
archive I downloaded form Digilent's site and the u-boot.elf that was in my
deploy directory when I built core-image-sato . That boots but nothing
shows up on the HDMI display . I'm using the zedboard-zynq7.dtb from deploy
as well, but I also tried downloading the zynq TRD dtb from Xilinx and that
crashed when it tried to mount the filesystem, I think.

So does anyone have this working that could show me what I'm missing?