[meta-xilinx] Errors running default qemuzynq meta-xilinx build on qemu

Robert Morris bobbymorris at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 20:20:28 PST 2015

Hello list. I'm trying to run the result of building core-image-minimal on
qemu from my source directory. I have just the basic config, I only added
the qemuzynq machine to bblayer.conf and the meta-xilinx layer to
local.conf. Am I missing anything else? It will run but I get messages
during boot like

[    0.232228] CPU1: failed to boot: -38

and

[    7.939293] macb e000b000.ps7-ethernet eth0: unable to generate target
frequency: 125000000 Hz

the later of which repeats. I'm mostly interested in getting the emulator
working so I can play with the SDK at home. I haven't tried booting on a
board.

Tried this on two build machines, RHEL 6 and Ubuntu 14, same results either
way. Found I have to add serial to the runqemu invoke, otherwise the
terminal that comes up doesn't print anything. Thanks for any tips.

bblayer.conf:
http://pastebin.com/EZDKQftq

local.conf:
http://pastebin.com/JBAPjKbK