[meta-xilinx] U-boot SPL and NAND support for the zynq

Mike Looijmans mike.looijmans at topic.nl
Tue Sep 2 04:52:13 PDT 2014

On 09/02/2014 01:20 PM, Mike Looijmans wrote:
> We've discussed u-boot SPL on this board before, so I expect my intended
> audience to be here.
>
> Has anyone here used Zynq NAND support in u-boot? And SPL?
>

> The status a few months ago appeared to be that NAND would work, but SPL did
> not compile because of missing source files. I could boot from SD and then
> address the NAND device though, which was enough for that day as I just wanted
> to verify the NAND chip was wired and soldered correctly.
>
> I tried upgrading u-boot to the status quo today, and to my surprise, u-boot
> fails to build (linker error) when I enable CONFIG_NAND_ZYNQ:
>
> |   LD      spl/u-boot-spl
> | arm-oe-linux-gnueabi-ld.bfd:u-boot-spl.lds:1: ignoring invalid character `#'
> in expression
> | arm-oe-linux-gnueabi-ld.bfd:u-boot-spl.lds:1: syntax error
> | make[1]: *** [spl/u-boot-spl] Error 1

Okay, nevermind that one, it was due to a "//" that happened to be in a header
file which the ansi compiler cannot handle.

It appears that NAND handling in SPL is still the same, there's no support for
SPL boot yet?

Met vriendelijke groet / kind regards,

Mike Looijmans

TOPIC Embedded Systems
Eindhovenseweg 32-C, NL-5683 KH Best
Postbus 440, NL-5680 AK Best
Telefoon: (+31) (0) 499 33 69 79
Telefax:  (+31) (0) 499 33 69 70
E-mail: mike.looijmans at topic.nl
Website: www.topic.nl

Bezoek ons op 9 en 10 september tijdens Technology for Health Den Bosch (stand 53)
http://www.technologyforhealth.nl