[meta-virtualization] Ask for if can I remove notary recipe under recipes-devtools/go/

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 20:38:33 PDT 2019

On Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 11:33 PM Hongzhi, Song
<hongzhi.song at windriver.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Based on updated strategy around GO (source) dependencies that dependencies
>
> have been populated to package-self vendor directory. So some unused
> recipe can
>
> be dropped.
>

> I think notary recipe is one of unused recipe. I find it is only
> depended by docker now.
>
> But docker has include notary under itself vendor directory. So I think
> notary recipe can
>
> be dropped.
>

> Maybe I miss other dependency relationships. So I want make sure that if
> notary can be

There's a lot of different ways to build docker due to the moby-docker
and docker-ce, combinations. So for now, we'd be safer to keep it
around a bit longer and have another look at it in the fall.

Bruce

> dropped.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Hongzhi

- Thou shalt not follow the NULL pointer, for chaos and madness await
thee at its end
- "Use the force Harry" - Gandalf, Star Trek II