[meta-virtualization] Exclusion of devicemapper and btrfs graph drivers in docker_git.bb

Anoop Karollil anoop.karollil at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 17:32:15 PDT 2019

Hello,

I am trying to build docker with btrfs support. I could override
BUILDTAGS for containerd-opencontainers_git.bb using EXTRA_OEMAKE in a
bbappend to remove the `no_btrfs` build tag (see
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-virtualization/tree/recipes-containers/containerd/containerd.inc#n64).
But I do not know how to easily do the same for the
`exclude_graphdriver_btrfs` in docker_git.bb
(http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-virtualization/tree/recipes-containers/docker/docker_git.bb#n95),
because dockerd gets compiled using `hack/make.sh` rather than via
oe_runmake. I can override the whole of do_compile in a .bbappend just
to strip the build tags, but that isn't very clean.

The docker package compiles fine when the exclusions for btrfs and
devicemapper are removed, so I am assuming whatever problem the
exclusion was trying to fix is gone. Could the exclusion build tags be
removed from the do_compile? If not, could the recipe declare a
BUILDTAGS = xxxx and use it for DOCKER_BUILDTAGS in the do_compile so
that a bbappend can override BUILDTAGS? I have attached a patch for
this approach. Not sure if there is an easy way to do this for the
recipe in its current state.

Thanks,
Anoop