[meta-virtualization] Request to backport libvmi to krogoth

Wed Nov 21 09:56:23 PST 2018

On Wed, Nov 21, 2018 at 12:16 PM HackDef <hackdef at hack-defender.mx> wrote:

> Thanks Mark for the great recommendation.
> Something that I tried so far and worked was to remove the libvirt dependency in the libvmi recipe (since it is not needed by xen).
>
> But your recommendation is great for other cases that wont be fixed by a simple dependency removal.
>
> Will check it out. Thanks.

To be honest I would have to go look at the origin of the 'libxl'
dependency, I don't believe there is a recipe for this or any recipe
which provides this in the 'master' branch of any of the main Yocto
repos. At least nothing that is found in the index
(https://layers.openembedded.org/layerindex/branch/master/recipes/).

At any rate at this point you should be able to follow up to the list
to ask Bruce to cherry pick the libvmi commit to krogoth.

Mark