[meta-virtualization] EXTERNAL: Re: Docker init script possibly uses wrong invocation?

David Antliff David.Antliff at Aviatnet.com
Thu Aug 2 19:47:29 PDT 2018

On 03 August 2018 14:41 Bruce Ashfield wrote:

> Taking a look at things, I can see that yes, it should be dockerd and
> the sysvinit variant has rotted. The confusion around the systemd one
> is that the service file in the layer is no longer used, and is also
> out of date. We use the docker.service file from the source repo
> itself, and it has the correct daemon startup.

Thank you for the explanation - it makes much more sense now I know that the systemd file is obsolete.

> Did you want to submit a patch to update the sysvinit startup script ?

Yes, I can do that. I'll send a patch through once I'm happy with my changes.

-- David.