[meta-virtualization] RFT/FYI: docker/containerd/runc uprevs pushed to master

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 20:14:10 PDT 2018

Hi all,

After spending a few days de-tangling the moby/docker/runc/containerd
and oe-core go infrastructure changes, I was able to run
docker/runc/containerd through a system/stress test and everything
seems to be working.

There were a few regressions that I worked through, as well as
build/packaging changes, but I'm no longer seeing any issues and all
the patches/functionality have been carried forward.

One thing of note is that the docker and open containers containerd
split/fork is no longer an issue, so I've modified the default to be
the opencontainers variant. Similarly, the docker and opencontainers
runc are very similar. I've kept both variants of both recipes for
now, since I'd like to track things for a bit longer before declaring
the split unnecessary.

Also for those that care, I created a reference docker-ce recipe that
tracks the docker-ce repo versus the components themselves.  Right now
it is reference only, since it needs a bit more work, but I wanted to
get it out there, in case someone really cares about docker-ce (I
don't really, but someone might!).

  d7d310ae4113 meta-virt: prefer containerd-opencontainers
  935e3d969ef1 containerd: uprev to v1.0.2
  f5fbfa8ac4db docker-ce: introduce reference recipe/build
  a5074cecf18f docker: uprev to 18.03.0
  e3d960f4fcd9 runc: uprev to 1.0.0-rc5

If anyone sees regressions, build or architecture issues .. report
them to me (and the list) and we'll get them fixed up.

Cheers,

Bruce

thee at its end"