[meta-virtualization] Virtualization support for ZCU102 on Morty

Mon Mar 27 09:04:57 PDT 2017

On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 2:49 AM, Pello Heriz
<pello.heriz at alumni.mondragon.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to build a xen-image-minimal (that requires
> meta-virtualization support) for ZCU102 board using Morty branch of Yocto?
> Is there in this branch enough virtualization support for this board?

There is very little in this  layer which is board specific. There are
definitely some overall Arch considerations where we have focused on
X86-64 and ARM (and in part AARCH64) but those can quickly be found by
the "does it build or not" test. You will definitely need to work on
ensuring your BSP is building with the correct kernel configuration,
but this is where the Yocto kernel and its use of kernel config frags
should come in handy. You generally only need to focus on hardware
specific configs and the other frags enabled in this layer will ensure
the other things that are not BSP specific are enabled correctly.

I can't speak for the Xen recipes found in this layer, these are
submitted and updated by folks who regularly use Xen, which is not
touched by the usecases I am involved with.

Hope this helps,
Mark