[meta-virtualization] Building Yocto Image with meta-virtualization layer

nitish jha nitishjha16 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 12:04:59 PST 2017

Hello All,

I want to build yocto image with meta-virtualization layer

my  bblayer.conf looks like below

BBPATH = "${TOPDIR}"
BBFILES ?= ""
BBLAYERS ?= " \
/home/testuser/Downloads/git/Yocto/poky/meta \

/home/testuser/Downloads/git/Yocto/poky/meta-poky \

/home/testuser/Downloads/git/Yocto/poky/meta-yocto-bsp \

/home/testuser/Downloads/git/Yocto/meta-openembedded/meta-oe \

/home/testuser/Downloads/git/Yocto/meta-openembedded/meta-networking \

/home/testuser/Downloads/git/Yocto/meta-openembedded/meta-perl \

/home/testuser/Downloads/git/Yocto/meta-openembedded/meta-python \

/home/testuser/Downloads/git/Yocto/openembedded-core/meta \

/home/testuser/Downloads/git/Yocto/meta-virtualization \

I am getting some error "Failing to expand vapigen_sysroot_preprocess in
vala_0.34.0.bb file.

This recipe file is inside openembedded-core/meta/recipe-devtools/vala

is is reallz necessary to include openembedded-core/meta ??

if yes then how should I solve this Issue.

Thanks in advance.

*Nitish Jha*