[meta-virtualization] Yocto Morty doesn't recognize Docker

Mobilisis | Matija Tuđan mtudan at mobilisis.hr
Wed Aug 30 02:17:46 PDT 2017

Hello,

I have troubles with integrating Docker into Yocto Morty release. I downloaded meta-virtualization layer (morty branch), appended it to Yocto layers, appended docker package to local.conf and built the Yocto image.

As expected, Docker can be found in /usr/bin/:
root at imx7-var-som:~# ls -la /usr/bin/docker*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 11658508 Aug 28 23:18 /usr/bin/docker
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root       10 Aug 29 08:10 /usr/bin/docker-containerd -> containerd
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root       14 Aug 29 08:10 /usr/bin/docker-containerd-ctr -> containerd-ctr
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root       15 Aug 29 08:10 /usr/bin/docker-containerd-shim -> containerd-shim
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  2380960 Aug 28 23:18 /usr/bin/docker-proxy
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root        4 Aug 29 08:10 /usr/bin/docker-runc -> runc
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 34721124 Aug 28 23:18 /usr/bin/dockerd
root at imx7-var-som:~#
But, when I try to run docker, I get the following error:
root at imx7-var-som:~# docker info
-sh: /usr/bin/docker: No such file or directory

This steps worked on other system running Yocto Krogoth release. Is there any reason why this wouldn't work on Morty release?

Regards,
Matija

        [cid:image002.png at 01D32181.998E8B70]

Matija Tuđan
Hardware developer

Mobilisis d.o.o.
Varaždinska ulica br. 8, II. odvojak
42000 Varaždin - Jalkovec, Croatia

m.

+385 99 311 5473

t.

+385 42 311 777

f.

+385 42 493 955

w.

www.mobilisis.hr<http://www.mobilisis.hr/>

This mail is from Mobilisis d.o.o. and may contain confidential business information. It is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete this message and any attachment from your system. Unauthorized publication, use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email and it's associated attachments is strictly prohibited.

Please consider the environment before printing this email. Thank you!