[meta-virtualization] Build a Yocto image to be the guest (Dom1) in a system that uses Xen hypervisor and petalinux image for Dom0

Pello Heriz pello.heriz at alumni.mondragon.edu
Mon Apr 24 01:43:39 PDT 2017

Hi all,

Finally I have compiled an image using Yocto that includes the
meta-virtualization layer with DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " xen" in the
local.conf file. I understand that this must be used to build an image to
work as a Dom0 image with Xen. If I want to have a Dom1 guest image, would
be enough to change this DISTRO_FEATURES_append into " xen-guest" in the
local.conf file?? Do I need to do anything more?

In the other side, if I want to implement a system that is described in the
tittle of the message, do I need to include the open-amp layer to the guest
image that I want to build in Yocto? And has this layer enough support?

Looking forward to an answer,
Best regards,
Pello