[meta-virtualization] Can we have a standard approach for Go?

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 05:19:37 PDT 2017

On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 6:58 AM, Christian Holl <cyborgx1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I saw that there is a implementation of Go inside
> meta-virtualization.
>

> I am currently trying to build influxdb, telegraf and grafana for my
> rasberrypi.
>
> And telegraf depends on docker. Which is also written in Go.
>
> But I am using oe-meta-go for other recipes and they don't work together.
>
> So there is  meta-golang, oe-meta-go and meta-virtualization with go
> implementations.

This process is already done in master. I was part of the discussions on
moving
go to oe-core at ELCe in berlin, and Khem took the initiative and collected
our
go changes + oe-meta-go + meta-golang and got them merged into oe-core
for the upcoming 2.3 release.

Those changes won't be backported, but from the 2.3 release and on, we are
moving to the oe-core go variant.

Cheers,

Bruce

> So could you maybe could someone responsible join our discussion, what to
> use:
>
> https://github.com/madisongh/meta-golang/issues/12
>

> Kind Regards,
>
> Christian

"Thou shalt not follow the NULL pointer, for chaos and madness await thee
at its end"