[meta-virtualization] Getting virtualization running on mbmax yocto

Fri Feb 12 19:37:31 PST 2016

On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 4:22 AM, Supriti Singh <supritisingh08 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a Minnowboard Max.
> I followed the instructions http://wiki.minnowboard.org/Yocto_Project from
> here to get a yocto kernel running on the board.

These instructions detail the use of the 'fido' release/branch.

> I want to enable virtualization with kvm.
>
> My source hierarchy is :
> $HOME/source/poky/"all the layers".
>
> To add the meta-virtualization layer, I added the following into the
> bblayers.conf
> BBLAYERS += "/local/source/poky/meta-openembedded/meta-networking"
> BBLAYERS += "/local/source/poky/meta-openembedded/meta-python"
> BBLAYERS += "/local/source/poky/meta-openembedded/meta-oe"
> BBLAYERS += "/local/source/poky/meta-openembedded/meta-filesystems"
> BBLAYERS += "/local/source/poky/meta-virtualization"
>

> When I do a build, I get the following errror:
> ERROR: ParseError at
> /local/source/poky/meta-virtualization/recipes-extended/images/cloud-image-controller.bb:29:
> Could not inherit file classes/image-vm.bbclass

This bbclass wasn't added until *after* fido was released.

> Is there something else that I need to do?

You can attempt to 'rewind' meta-virtualization to match what existed
when fido was
released. Try to reset meta-virtualization prior to
commit e50e36cfa3898b1defcbffe9f3fd0a20403c8de3

No guarantees this will work but worth a try.

Regards,
Mark