[meta-virtualization] Building xen-image-minimal with master

Doug Goldstein cardoe at cardoe.com
Tue Dec 15 10:29:30 PST 2015

On 12/15/15 10:36 AM, M. Gregory wrote:
> I am new to Yocto/Openembedded. I have successful built the
> xen-minimal-image and several variations using the fido branches of
> meta-virtualization and the required meta-layers. I have several patches
> I would like to submit to enable XSM to function correctly, so I moved
> to the master branches of  meta-virtualization and the required
> meta-layers. It seems that GCC 5.2 the default compiler for Yocto 2.0,
> is incompatible with the current versions of Seabios and Xen.
> Additionally, when I attempt to set my GCCVERSION = "4.9%", glibc seems
> to still want to use GCC 5.2 and compilation errors occur.
>
> I am using a clean Yocto install with upstream meta-openembedded and
> meta-virtualization. I have altered my local.conf to include
> DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " xen" and MACHINE="genericx86-64". Is
> configuration incorrect?
>
> If my configuration is correct is the correct course of action to patch
> the offending files or move to a more recent version of Xen and Seabio?
> Both have been patched to fix the incompatibilities with GCC 5.2?
>
> Thanks for your time,
> Machon

Machon,

I'm actually in the process of submitting patches to bring in the newer
version of Xen. When you update SeaBIOS I would double check that
CONFIG_XEN is on because I believe its not by default anymore. The
DISTRO_FEATURES_append is correct and the MACHINE should be fine. I'm
using meta-intel and actually using intel-corei7-64 for MACHINE.

If you would please CC me whatever patches you send I would appreciate that.

--
Doug Goldstein