[meta-virtualization] Help (python-jsonschema do_compile Failed)

Li, Xin lixin.fnst at cn.fujitsu.com
Sun Dec 13 17:46:19 PST 2015

Hi, Mark and all,

Thanks a lot for your help.

>> When I bitbake python-jsonschema,the error is occurred in the step of
>> do_compile as following:
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> DEBUG: Executing shell function do_compile
>>
>> Download error on https://pypi.python.org/simple/vcversioner/: [Errno
>> -5] No address associated with hostname -- Some packages may not be found!
>>
>> Couldn't find index page for 'vcversioner' (maybe misspelled?)
>>
>> Download error on https://pypi.python.org/simple/: [Errno -5] No
>> address associated with hostname -- Some packages may not be found!
>>
>> No local packages or download links found for vcversioner
>>
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>
>>   File "setup.py", line 44, in <module>
>>
>> vcversioner={"version_module_paths" : ["jsonschema/_version.py"]},
>>
>> -------------------------------
>>
>> If you know how to fix it, Please tell me.
>
>A download error during do_compile(). My guess is that we have a missing
>dependency. With python, Ruby and some other packages we have to be careful
>as their builds will actually cause downloads to happen if a dependency is missing
>(python will fetch eggs, ruby will fetch gems...). When I have time I usually do
>builds with IP tables rules in place to force errors when these fetches happen so
>that I can catch them and fix them. Downloads should only be done by the fetcher
>and not bundler, pdb etc. If you see an error about downloading and you are not
>in do_fetch() something is wrong.
>
>Start by adding python-vcversioner as a DEPENDS in python-jsonschema and you
>should be good to go.

The python-vcversioner is already as a DEPENDS in python-jsonschema, and
It is still failed.

Perhaps it is the problem about proxy set.

When I bitbake python-jsonschema, the error occurs in the step of do_compile,
But when I into directory "python-jsonschema/2.5.1-r0/jsonschema-2.5.1/ ", and run.do_complie, no errors occur.
-----------------------------
$ cd build-x86_64/tmp/work/x86_64 -linux/python-jsonschema/2.5.1-r0/jsonschema-2.5.1/
$ ../temp/run.do_compile
zip_safe flag not set; analyzing archive contents...

Installed ***/work/x86_64 -linux/python-jsonschema/2.5.1-r0/jsonschema-2.5.1/.eggs/vcversioner-2.14.0.0-py2.7.egg
running build
running build_py
creating build
creating build/lib
creating build/lib/jsonschema
$ echo $?
0

And I have proxy set in ~/.wgetrc like this:
http_proxy = http://rep.proxy.nic.fujitsu.com:8080/
ftp_proxy = http://rep.proxy.nic.fujitsu.com:8080/
https_proxy=https://rep.proxy.nic.fujitsu.com:8080/

If you know how to fix it, please help me.

Regards,
Li