[meta-virtualization] interest to integrate virt-manager?

Gotthard, Petr Petr.Gotthard at Honeywell.com
Fri Apr 10 05:19:20 PDT 2015

Hello,

I managed to build virt-manager (plus virt-viewer and the virt-* scipts) for Yocto, so I wonder if you would be interested to integrate the virt-manager (and related bitbake recipes) into the meta-virtualization? Or is there another recommended graphical manager for KVM?
https://virt-manager.org/

New virt-manager releases unfortunately require python-pygobject 3.0, which is (seems to be) not supported in Yocto (yet). I wanted to avoid the GObject Introspection (dependency on meta-gir), so I have scripts for virt-manager 0.9.5 only, which is the latest GTK2 release. (It's better than nothing.)

Shall I just post the .bb files (or a long list of patches), or would you prefer another approach? The virt-manager depends on gtk-vnc and few python-* packages that I also had to create. Should the new python-* packages required by virt-manager go also into meta-virtualization (as no one else is apparently using them), or shall these go into some other layer?

Please advise.

Cheers,
Petr