[meta-virtualization] Keystone is not working in meta-cloud-services Stable/juno

Srinivasa Rao Ragolu sragolu at mvista.com
Thu Nov 27 00:52:25 PST 2014

Hi All,

I am new to this forum. Please help me in solving this issue with
stable/juno keystone. I have taken meta-cloud-services of stable/juno
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-cloud-services/commit/?id=382e7184e5a23ebfeb2fd9ec432e6545170fee7d

After booting openstack-image-controller, ran
/etc/keystone/service-user-setup

after that any keystone or openstack service commands giving below errors.

root at controller:/etc/keystone# keystone user-list
WARNING: Bypassing authentication using a token & endpoint (authentication
credentials are being ignored).
Unable to establish connection to
http://controller:8081/keystone/admin/v2.0/users

root at controller:/etc/keystone# keystone --debug user-list
WARNING: Bypassing authentication using a token & endpoint (authentication
credentials are being ignored).
DEBUG:keystoneclient.session:REQ: curl -i -X GET
http://controller:8081/keystone/admin/v2.0/users -H "User-Agent:
python-keystoneclient" -H "X-Auth-Token:
{SHA1}5baa61e4c9b93f3f0682250b6cf8331b7ee68fd8"
INFO:requests.packages.urllib3.connectionpool:Starting new HTTP connection
(1): controller
Unable to establish connection to
http://controller:8081/keystone/admin/v2.0/users

my environment variables are
root at controller:/etc/keystone# env
TERM=xterm
SHELL=/bin/sh
SSH_CLIENT=192.168.7.220 54638 22
SSH_TTY=/dev/pts/0
USER=root
MAIL=/var/mail/root
PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin
PWD=/etc/keystone
OS_PASSWORD=password
EDITOR=/bin/vi
TZ=UTC
PS1=\u@\h:\w\$
OS_AUTH_URL=http://controller:8081/keystone/main/v2.0/
OS_USERNAME=admin
SHLVL=1
HOME=/home/root
OS_TENANT_NAME=admin
LOGNAME=root
SSH_CONNECTION=192.168.7.220 54638 192.168.7.2 22
SERVICE_ENDPOINT=http://controller:8081/keystone/admin/v2.0
SERVICE_TOKEN=password
_=/usr/bin/env
OLDPWD=/home/root

keystone.conf is
# The port number which the public service listens on
# public_port = 5000

# The port number which the public admin listens on
# admin_port = 35357
admin_endpoint = http://192.168.7.2:8081/keystone/admin/
public_endpoint = http://192.168.7.2:8081/keystone/main/

I will be really thankful, if you could guide me.

Thanks,
Srinivas.