[meta-virtualization] meta-cloud-services

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 21:37:41 PDT 2014

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 4:55 PM, akuster <akuster at mvista.com> wrote:

> Hello Bruce,
>
> 1) what is the purpose of 'recipes-dangling'?

They are bbappends for different versions of oe-core/meta-networking, etc, that
I know are in use. I carry them in meta-cloud-services versus forcing all those
other projects to keep them locally.

> 2) I notice several "WARNING: Use of PRINC 1 was detected in the recipe" in
> the meta-cloud-services, is anyone working on correcting those? if not, I
> can submit patches.

I already have patches for these, at the moment, I'm tolerating the warnings
until some base layers are updated.

> 3) I also noticed several "WARNING: No recipes available for.." in this
> layer as well. If no one is working on patches for these, I will send fixes
> as well. I believe these fixes might be the 'wild card' if applicable.

No patches for these, and no wildcards at the moment. I use the branches
branch for many different versions of oe-core, hence why I'm still leaving
these around.

In the next six months, I'll retire the non-wildcard appends, dangling appends
and other cruft, but for now they stay.

Cheers,

Bruce

> kind regards,