[meta-virtualization] meta-openstack open-iscsi question

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at windriver.com
Tue Jul 29 05:50:27 PDT 2014

On 14-07-29 08:44 AM, Alexandru Vaduva wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> I am curious on why do you have in meta-cloud-services duplicated recipes:
> 	open-iscsi-user  	- 	iscsi-initiator-utils

We have modifications to this recipe that I'm working to get into the
original over time.

But I can't hold merging dependent recipes while I wait, so I carry
the changes in meta-cloud-services while that process happens.

> 	open-iscsi-kernel 	-  	kernel with open iscsi modules enabled and built.
>
> I can see that the sources available for open-iscsi-kernel are applicable for kernel version < 3,

The kernel part is only there for completeness sake. We build the
kernel parts from the linux-yocto recipes. Over time, we'll also
be dropping this part .. as Vu knows, I already asked him and am
in the process of removing it.

> But I do not understand the uses of both open-iscsi-user and iscsi-initiator-utils because they are building the same information but different version of the sources.
> At least so it seems.

Again. For completeness sake. We brought in a complete copy of the
HIPOS recipes to work with as part of enabling the backend. That
way I can more easily keep it in sync.

Bruce