[meta-virtualization] Xen Query ...

Chris Patterson cjp256 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 12:58:44 PST 2013

I did a couple of fresh builds yesterday against oe-core master without
issue (I do this pretty regularly...).

For the two distros that I build, they share:
DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " tpm txt usb3 xen opengl aufs "

Another build I do extends that even further.  They are regularly updated
to master on oe-core/meta-oe/meta-intel/meta-virtualization/meta-measured.

As another test, I took my existing "vanilla" build tree (nodistro, no
additional flags), created a new distro config and built xen-image-minimal:

oe-xen.conf:
DISTRO = "oe-xen"
DISTROOVERRIDES = ""
DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " xen aufs "

eglibc and the image built OK.

Then, in the same build tree, I went back to nodistro, with the same
DISTRO_FEATURES_append instead placed into local.conf.  eglibc and the
image built OK.

I will note that on occasion, I have seen the rare oddball errors (eglibc
sounds like a familiar one, but couldn't say for sure) - usually after a
substantial fetch and/or layer changes.  I've gone into the rabbit hole on
a couple of them without much success.  In all cases, wiping out
tmp/cache/sstate and starting fresh fixed the issues for me.

Out of curiosity, what's the error you are seeing?

Cheers,
-Chris