[meta-virtualization] Bootable LVM using meta-intel sugarbay machine on XEN

nesredin mohammedjemal Mahmud nesredin.mom at gmail.com
Wed May 22 08:04:35 PDT 2013

hello everyone,

i am creating a bootable hard disk on a a logical volume using a custom
linux from meta-intel BSP, basically from core-image-sugarbay-fsroot.ext3.
After dumping the file to my LV, I tried to install grub using:

# grub-install --recheck --root-directory=/mnt/hvm /dev/ubuntu/hvm
Invalid device `/dev/ubuntu/hvm'.
Usage: /usr/sbin/grub-setup [OPTION...] DEVICE
Try `/usr/sbin/grub-setup --help' or `/usr/sbin/grub-setup --usage' for more
information.

even though, it returned error, it created me the bootloader on
device/boot/grub

then i created a grub.cfg inside the grub directory. And this is how it
looks like:

set default="0"
set timeout="50"

menuentry 'Yocto SDK' {
#       insmod part_msdos
        insmod ext2
        insmod lvm
        set root='(lvm/ubuntu)'
        linux /boot/bzImage root=ummlgG-XpET-RiC7-eyyd-IklG-SEjP-tt5SV8

}

whenever I try to boot from this guest machine using *hvmloader*, the error
message is as follows:

[image: Inline image 1]

Please can you point me out, where the problem is? I taught it was possible
to create a bootable LV. In fact this volume the third partition my LVG.

thank you,

nas