[meta-virtualization] meta-virtualization Digest, Vol 6, Issue 4

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at gmail.com
Thu May 16 14:22:21 PDT 2013

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 5:01 PM, Ben Warren <Ben.Warren at spidercloud.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A week's gone by and nothing but crickets.  Does anybody have an idea of what might be causing this build problem?  I'm not trying to do anything exotic, just add meta-virtualization support to a bare-bones crystalforest (low power Xeon)-based platform.  The host is Ubuntu 12.10 64-bit.

Since I haven't been able to reproduce or see the error here, it's hard
to say.

gnutls is in the DEPENDS for libvirt, so everyone should be seeing this if
that was being detected and enabling functionality that wasn't being built.
A quick check of the Makefiles shows that the .c file with the implementation
is being triggered from the same TLS enablement check.

Have you tried modifying the recipe to have an explicit: --with-gnutls (or
--without) ?

Cheers,

Bruce

> thanks,
> Ben
>
>> Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 13:57:45 -0700
>> From: Ben Warren <Ben.Warren at spidercloud.com>
>> To: "meta-virtualization at yoctoproject.org"
>> Subject: [meta-virtualization] `virNetTLSInit' link error when
>>       building        libvirt
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm trying to add virtualization support to my Yocto project and can't get libvirt to build.  In particular, the following link error occurs:
>>
>> | ../src/.libs/libvirt.so: undefined reference to `virNetTLSInit'
>> | collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
>>
>> Looking at the code, this function is conditionally compiled as:
>>
>> #ifdef WITH_GNUTLS
>>    virNetTLSInit();
>> #endif
>>
>> and the function itself is here:
>> libvirt-1.0.3/src/rpc/virnettlscontext.c
>>
>> I don't see any .o files in that 'rpc' directory, so it appears that the files aren't being compiled, hence the link error.
>>
>> I'm using the following code revisions:
>>       ? poky @ git tag 'dylan 9.0.0'
>>       ? meta-virtualization @ git commit 22e7b5e92b33e5fe18723083ce69867749839894 (5/3/2013)
>>       ? meta-oa @ git commit a8b96b69bd418b74f48dc4d111caac676ae667f5 (4/27/2013 from git://github.com/openembedded/meta-oe.git)
>>
>> My build command line is:
>>
>> MACHINE=scw-appscard bitbake kvm-image-minimal
>>
>> where the 'scw_appscard' BSP is identical to 'crystalforest' (x86_64) with some kernel config modifications.
>>
>> My bblayers are:
>> BBLAYERS ?= " \
>>  /opt/poky/meta \
>>  /opt/poky/meta-yocto \
>>  /opt/poky/meta-yocto-bsp \
>>  /opt/meta-oe/meta-oe \
>>  /opt/meta-oe/meta-networking \
>>  /opt/meta-virtualization \
>>  /opt/meta-scw-appscard \
>>  "
>>
>> Does anybody have insight as to why this won't build?
>>
>> thanks,
>> Ben

thee at its end"