[meta-virtualization] `virNetTLSInit' link error when building libvirt

Ben Warren Ben.Warren at spidercloud.com
Wed May 8 13:57:45 PDT 2013

Hello,

I'm trying to add virtualization support to my Yocto project and can't get libvirt to build.  In particular, the following link error occurs:

| ../src/.libs/libvirt.so: undefined reference to `virNetTLSInit'
| collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Looking at the code, this function is conditionally compiled as:

#ifdef WITH_GNUTLS
    virNetTLSInit();
#endif

and the function itself is here:
libvirt-1.0.3/src/rpc/virnettlscontext.c

I don't see any .o files in that 'rpc' directory, so it appears that the files aren't being compiled, hence the link error.

I'm using the following code revisions:
	• poky @ git tag 'dylan 9.0.0'
	• meta-virtualization @ git commit 22e7b5e92b33e5fe18723083ce69867749839894 (5/3/2013)
	• meta-oa @ git commit a8b96b69bd418b74f48dc4d111caac676ae667f5 (4/27/2013 from git://github.com/openembedded/meta-oe.git)

My build command line is:

MACHINE=scw-appscard bitbake kvm-image-minimal

where the 'scw_appscard' BSP is identical to 'crystalforest' (x86_64) with some kernel config modifications.

My bblayers are:
BBLAYERS ?= " \
  /opt/poky/meta \
  /opt/poky/meta-yocto \
  /opt/poky/meta-yocto-bsp \
  /opt/meta-oe/meta-oe \
  /opt/meta-oe/meta-networking \
  /opt/meta-virtualization \
  /opt/meta-scw-appscard \
  "

Does anybody have insight as to why this won't build?

thanks,
Ben