[meta-virtualization] remove the bbappend of busybox?

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 10:25:36 PDT 2013

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 10:48 AM, Usman, Fahad <Fahad_Usman at mentor.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to use meta-virtualization with master branches of poky and
> meta-oe. But meta-virtualization contains a .bbappend for an older version
> of busybox which causes the build to fail. The patch that this .bbappend
> file adds has already been merged into the newer version of busybox so it
> would not be needed with the newer version.

What version of meta-virt are you using ? meta-virt is sync'd to oe-core master
on 1.21.1

> There is also a defconfig for busybox in meta-virtualization layer, and I am
> not sure if it's needed or not. If it's not needed then I can send a pull
> request to remove busybox .bbappend and defconfig file.

We want the defconfig, it represents the features that meta-virt wants to be
enabled for the most common configs.

That being said, we would take a patch that updates the bbappend and factors
out the configuration changes into a fragment.

Cheers,

Bruce

> Regards,
> Fahad Usman.