[meta-ti] Poky and meta-ti advice for Beaglebone Black

Tsai, Matt matt.tsai at thermofisher.com
Wed Sep 26 11:27:10 PDT 2018

Leo,

Thanks for sharing the experience.
Questions:

  1.  Do you set MACHINE ?= “am3335x-evm” in local.conf and build core-image-minimal? Or other image target is used?
  2.  Do you have to modify anything to make Linux OS (not bootloader) Ethernet and USB to work?

I used poky tag “sumo-19.0.0” and meta-ti tag “ti2018.02” and set MACHINE ?= “beaglebone” to build core-image-minimal. The USB host does not work. I wonder if I am using a good base to start with.

Also, a question about the Linux kernel meta-ti/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-ti-staging-4.14/defconfig content:
The original in “ti2018.02” tag is “use-tisdk-config= ti_sdk_omap2_release”. But I also see people changing it to “use-tisdk-config= ti_sdk_am3x_release”. I tried both, but USB host working. So I wonder what is the correct one to use?

Thank you for your help!