[meta-ti] Getting Started with meta-ti "rocko" and beaglebone black (BBB)

Leo Meza leo.e.meza at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 07:58:04 PDT 2018

Thanks Bill/Denys,

I was getting errors when trying to build with am335x-evm machine, so I
stayed with beaglebone machine since it at least let me complete a build.
I'm still getting the repeating messages at the serial console, here are my
steps, maybe I'm still doing something wrong.
1. Poky is at rocko branch 2731fd3
2. meta-ti is at rocko branch b38fd82
3. Replaced meta-yocto-bsp with meta-ti in bblayers.conf
4. Set MACHINE ?= "beaglebone" in local.conf
5. Build with "bitbake core-image-minimal"
6. sudo cp MLO $BOOT
7. sudo cp u-boot.img $BOOT
8. sudo tar -xf core-image-minimal-beaglebone.tar.xz -C $ROOT
9. sudo cp zImage $ROOT/boot
10. sudo cp am335x-boneblack.dtb $ROOT/boot
11. sudo tar -xvzf modules-beaglebone.tgz -C $ROOT
12. Did not use uEnv.txt and did not change environment variables

Not sure if I did this part right because I don't know what is meant by
"short form *.dtbs":
"Put zImage and the short form *.dtbs in root partitions' /boot dir"

Any further tips/pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Leo