[meta-ti] Can't build for BeagleBone

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Wed Oct 12 01:05:29 PDT 2016

On 2016-10-11 12:47, Denys Dmytriyenko wrote:
> Yeah, I'm also getting this in master. Works fine in krogoth. Haven't yet looked close at it though...

I've tracked it down to this function in the main Makefile not working
correctly (line 1230):
   define filechk_uboot.release
         echo "$(UBOOTVERSION)$$($(CONFIG_SHELL) $(srctree)/scripts/setlocalversion $(srctree))"
   endef

In the Poky/Yocto build, the $(CONFIG_SHELL) is not expanding correctly.
If I short-circuit this function, e.g.
   define filechk_uboot.release
         echo "MY VERSION"
   endef
then the build completes correctly.

I can't see what has changed in this area recently, so I'm a bit baffled.