[meta-ti] Rename of omap5-sgx-ddk-um-linux to ti-sgx-ddk-um not complete?

Keith Kyzivat kamaji at gmail.com
Thu May 19 16:41:10 PDT 2016

Hi folks,

I've been trying to get a beagleboard krogoth build working with working
OpenGLES2 DRI drivers in place, and have been failing.

I did find out that drivers changed name from libgles-omap3 to
ti-sgx-ddk-um - but specifying ti-sgx-ddk-um as my
PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/libgles2 fails hard --
 -- Nothing RPROVIDES 'ti-sgx-ddk-um'

Digging through commits, I found commit c70102c671 -
renaming omap5-sgx-ddk-um-linux to ti-sgx-ddk-um.

The problem seems to be that these are renamed, but the package names have
not changed -- recipes-graphics/libgles/ti-sgx-ddk-um_1.14.3699939.bb
includes:

PROVIDES += "virtual/egl virtual/libgles1 virtual/libgles2
omap5-sgx-ddk-um-linux"

Shouldn't this be the following?
PROVIDES += "virtual/egl virtual/libgles1 virtual/libgles2 ti-sgx-ddk-um"

And also RPROVIDES, RREPLACES, RCONFLICTS and associated -dev, -dbg
packages?

Apologies if I'm asking this wrong - I'm pretty new to Yocto/OE and still
figuring it all out.

~Keith Kyzivat