[meta-ti] Meta-TI patches for OMAPL138

Denys Dmytriyenko denys at ti.com
Mon Jun 3 11:55:02 PDT 2013

On Mon, Jun 03, 2013 at 06:44:59PM +0000, Cooper Jr., Franklin wrote:
> If you plan on adding support for an omapl138 soc/board then please do not
> make changes to am18x recipes and machine.

Well, am18x board does use omapl138 SOC...

> A new machine should be created for this new machine.

??? I know you meant config, but this is just funny :)

> I would take the conf/machine/am180x-evm.conf and duplicate it for your
> ompal138 board and make the necessary changes there.

And I, before giving any specific recommendations, would like to understand
how and where these patches fit - what exact machine/platform is this for and
what is the product SDK this goes into? What will be the support model for
that?

It does seem to conflict with Sitara AMSDK (am180x-evm based on OMAPL138 SOC)
that still uses 2.6.37 kernel. Once I know a little bit more about this new
PSP release 03.22.00.04 for of 3.3 kernel, I'd be able to give better
recommendations on how to properly integrate your work into meta-ti layer.

Thanks.

--
Denys