[meta-ti] [yocto] build failure with xf86-video-omap

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Wed Nov 21 15:07:19 PST 2012

On 21 November 2012 22:52, Nicolas Dechesne <ndec13 at gmail.com> wrote:
> since xf86-video-omap was recently merged in oe-core and poky, i am trying
> to remove the recipes we had staged in meta-ti trees for some weeks
> (http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-ti/commit/?id=410dc026f2ee24a2346e7563a83f0181c79809cf).
> so i was trying to build  poky/master with meta-ti/master, for pandaboard,
> and I get build failures in xf86-video-omap [1] and [2].
>
> so [1] is actually trivial, as we are missing a DEPENDS in the recipe, i can
> send a patch in oe-core for that.

Please do.

> [2] is a bit more cryptic to me.. so I quickly tried to build with danny ( i
> just cherry picked the commit that introduced xf86-video-omap from master)
> and this time it built fine.
>
> has anyone actually tested this recipe? if so I must be doing something
> wrong, any hint would be helpful.

This was discussed a few hours ago.  It's caused by a) the
configure.ac being broken and b) the workaround for this being removed
by me in e828faf027540bc5def8b7371a959884caad9557 (which is in master
only).  Presumably this code was test built before that patch landed.

As this is a genuine upstream bug (ARM-specific driver that doesn't
cross-compile?!) I've just filed fdo #57386.

Ross