[meta-ti] building for pandaboard fails fetching u-boot *way* into the build phase

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Tue Nov 20 08:24:20 PST 2012

  i'm sure there's a trivial workaround/explanation for this, but i
wanted to build the basic meta-ti based build for my panda ES, so i
started with oe-core and added the meta-ti layer.  then, because of
some license issues (and based on a quick google search), i added this
to my local.conf:

  BBMASK = "meta-ti/recipes-misc"

at that point, after selecting "pandaboard" as the machine, i wanted
to prefetch everything:

$ bitbake -c fetchall core-image-minimal

which used solely my pre-mirror directory so that didn't take long.

  *then*, because i allegedly had fetched everything i needed for the
build, i edited my site.conf file and added:

BB_NO_NETWORK = "1"

which, AIUI, should be perfectly safe since i had just done a
fetchall.  not so:

ERROR: Function failed: Network access disabled through BB_NO_NETWORK
but access requested with command git clone --bare --mirror
git://www.denx.de/git/u-boot.git
/home/rpjday/y/builds/ti/panda/downloads/git2/www.denx.de.git.u-boot.git
(for url None)
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in:
/home/rpjday/y/builds/ti/panda/tmp-eglibc/work/pandaboard-oe-linux-gnueabi/u-boot-2011.12-r8/temp/log.do_fetch.29635

hmmmmmm ...

$ bitbake -s | grep u-boot
nativesdk-u-boot-mkimage                          :2011.06-r0
u-boot                                            :2011.12-r8
u-boot-fw-utils                                   :2011.06-r1
u-boot-mkimage                                    :2011.06-r0
u-boot-mkimage-native                             :2011.06-r0
$

  ok, now i'm confused.  the above suggests that the version of u-boot
to be used here is 2011.12-r8, but that was never fetched, and it's
only now toward the end of the build that the fetch is attempted.

  can someone clarify what's happening here?  why did my "fetchall"
operation not fetch everything the build was going to need?

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca