[meta-ti] Help with building gstreamer-ti on beagleboard

Denys Dmytriyenko denys at ti.com
Tue Nov 13 07:22:38 PST 2012

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 03:15:28PM +0000, Tomas Frydrych wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 13/11/12 13:46, Flavio Castro Alves Filho wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I'm using Yocto Project and meta-ti to build an embedded Linux distribution
> > for BeagleBoard-xM.
> >
> > I need to add gstreamer-ti into the project, and I'm having problems in
> > building this package with my configuration.
> >
> > NOTE: package ti-codec-engine-2_26_02_11-${MACHINE_KERNEL_PR}b: task
> > do_fetch: Started
>
> My guess would be that your layers are not set up correctly, you can see
> in the error output that the ${MACHINE_KERNEL_PR} variable is not
> getting expanded; this is defined in omap3.inc in meta-ti, which would
> be included from the meta-ti beagleboard.conf, but the way the layers
> are set up leads to the yocto beagleboard.conf being used instead.

Right.

> For Denzil it is not possible to arrange meta-yocto and meta-ti layers
> in a way that would work; this has been fixed in Danny (in
> meta-yocto-bsp). If you want to stick with Denzil, there are different
> ways to work around it, easiest should be to delete the offending
> beagleboard.conf from meta-yocto.

Why can't you put meta-ti in front of meta-yocto in Denzil? Works just fine.

> (If you are providing your own distro layer, and the layer is set up to
> prefix itself to the BBPATH, you can provide your own beagleboard.conf
> that sources the correct one from meta-ti, something like this,

Well, it's only the problem for the BBLAYERS order, so you don't really need
any fancy setups, just do this in build/conf/bblayers.conf in Denzil:

BBLAYERS ?= " \
  /OE/poky/meta \
  /OE/poky/meta-ti \
  /OE/poky/meta-yocto \