[meta-ti] Beaglebone + Poky

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Thu May 24 08:04:09 PDT 2012

On 2012-05-24 08:25, Jack Mitchell wrote:
> On 23/05/12 14:40, Jack Mitchell wrote:

>>> Can you put your images somewhere where I can access them? I can give
>>> you an FTP push site if that helps? I'd like to run through your image
>>> here on my BeagleBone.
>>>
>>> BTW, the only way meta-oe could be causing problems would be if you are
>>> using some recipe from it. If you build exactly 'core-image-minimal' with
>>> no extra packages, does it work for you?
>>>

>> Hi Gary,
>>
>> I just tried without my addional programs to build a core-image-minimal and it still halts on the same kernel message. Something that I forgot to mention the yesterday was that I
>> have a very high debugging level set, here is my local conf line:
>>
>> EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES = "debug-tweaks tools-debug tools-profile dbg-pkgs"
>>
>> Which could cause other programs to be brought in?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Jack.
>>

> Just a quick note that removing meta-oe and just porting over the specific recipes that I needed fixed my problems. I still don't know specifically what they were but I am inclined
> to say they were init system related as Denys pointed out.

I agree - there seem to be some recipes in meta-oe that don't play
nice with a non-systemd setup like Poky.

Note: I was able to boot core-image-minimal built with meta-yocto + meta-oe
in all configurations of EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES as long as 'dbg-pkgs' was
not specified.  As soon as I added that feature, it fails to come up just
as you observed.  I'm not sure why (and I'm not too motivated to research
more, I've already built this thing about 20 times in different ways...)