[meta-ti] Beaglebone + Poky

Jack Mitchell ml at communistcode.co.uk
Wed May 23 06:40:52 PDT 2012

On 23/05/12 11:51, Gary Thomas wrote:
> On 2012-05-23 02:44, Jack Mitchell wrote:

>>> Couple suggestions:
>>>
>>> 1. What's your init system? Since you have meta-oe mixed with poky,
>>> check if
>>> there are any problems with sysvinit or systemd, in case there is
>>> some mix up
>>> or confusion between those two...
>>>
>>> 2. Check your /etc/inittab for the correct tty used for getty, but
>>> it doesn't
>>> look like it reaches the prompt yet...
>>>

>> I am using Poky defaults so I assume it will be sysvinit... however I
>> did see systemd being built, what would be the outline procedure to
>> check that mixing of systems isn't
>> occurring? None of my reciepes have systemd support, but I assume
>> something being pulled in from meta-oe does...
>>
>> My getty is being pushed to ttyO0, is this correct for the beaglebone?
>
> Can you put your images somewhere where I can access them?  I can give
> you an FTP push site if that helps?  I'd like to run through your image
> here on my BeagleBone.
>
> BTW, the only way meta-oe could be causing problems would be if you are
> using some recipe from it.  If you build exactly 'core-image-minimal'
> with
> no extra packages, does it work for you?

Hi Gary,

I just tried without my addional programs to build a core-image-minimal
and it still halts on the same kernel message. Something that I forgot
to mention the yesterday was that I have a very high debugging level
set, here is my local conf line:

EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES = "debug-tweaks tools-debug tools-profile dbg-pkgs"

Which could cause other programs to be brought in?

Regards,
Jack.

--

   Jack Mitchell (jack at embed.me.uk)