[meta-ti] Beaglebone + Poky

Jack Mitchell ml at communistcode.co.uk
Wed May 23 01:44:23 PDT 2012

On 22/05/12 17:31, Denys Dmytriyenko wrote:
> On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 05:03:53PM +0100, Jack Mitchell wrote:

>>> What image did you use?
>> core-image-minimal - it does have a few extra programs added via
>> IMAGE_INSTALL but they are userspace only so shouldn't be affecting
>> the boot.
> Couple suggestions:
>
> 1. What's your init system? Since you have meta-oe mixed with poky, check if
> there are any problems with sysvinit or systemd, in case there is some mix up
> or confusion between those two...
>
> 2. Check your /etc/inittab for the correct tty used for getty, but it doesn't
> look like it reaches the prompt yet...

I am using Poky defaults so I assume it will be sysvinit... however I
did see systemd being built, what would be the outline procedure to
check that mixing of systems isn't occurring? None of my reciepes have
systemd support, but I assume something being pulled in from meta-oe does...

My getty is being pushed to ttyO0, is this correct for the beaglebone?

Thanks,
Jack.

--

   Jack Mitchell (jack at embed.me.uk)