[meta-ti] [oe] ti81xx-psp-linux-2.6.37: broken kernel with gcc > 4.5

Monk, Roger r-monk at ti.com
Fri May 18 07:36:52 PDT 2012

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 14:52:36, Koen Kooi wrote:
> Cc: meta-ti at yoctoproject.org;
> openembedded-devel at lists.openembedded.org
> Subject: Re: [meta-ti] [oe] ti81xx-psp-linux-2.6.37: broken kernel
> with gcc > 4.5
>

> Op 18 mei 2012, om 15:39 heeft Thilo Fromm het volgende geschreven:
>
> > Hello Koen,

> and gcc-4.7.

> >> In the .config
> >
> > Wait wait wait, according to drivers/staging/tidspbridge/Kconfig we
> > need OMAP_MBOX_FWK (i.e. "the mailbox") in order to use the DSP
> > bridge. Disabling it would mean cutting off our DSP. No way.
>
> Are you actually using dspbridge? Or are you using dsplink or syslink?

> >> Netra/Centaurus, dm81xx, c6a81xx, am38xx, am39xx or whatever TI is
> calling it nowadays.
> >
> > We're on a "TI DaVinci DM8148", featuring a cortex-a8 combined with
> > a C674x DSP.
>
> So a centaurus family SoC.

Can you put some printk's in omap_mbox_register (plat-omap/mailbox.c) to print the list objects, in particular the mbox->name?

Would also be useful to see the same in omap_mbox_get() before the call to strcmp().

> > I think the only ones left without DSPs are AM-...
> > processors. So no, the DSP bridge (and therefore mailboxing) must
> > stay.
>
> See what I said above, I doubt you're using dspbridge.

Texas Instruments Limited, 800 Pavilion Drive, Northampton, NN4 7YL. Registered in England & Wales under company number 00574102