[meta-intel] g_ether functionality for Intel E3845 CPU (valley-island, bay-trail)

Henrik Haugaard Jensen hhj at trackman.com
Wed Oct 31 04:47:40 PDT 2018

We have successfully used meta-intel jethro branch for our device based on an intel E3845 CPU.

Now we need to upgrade to a newer Linux kernel to get full camera/video/media support. But when building new BSP with sumo it turns out that g_ether usb gadget driver is not working neither with linux-intel 4.9 or 4.14.

My related kernel configs ( which works for meta-intel Jethro) are:
CONFIG_USB_GADGET=y
CONFIG_NOP_USB_XCEIV=y
CONFIG_ETHER_GADGET=m
CONFIG_USB_DWC3=y
# CONFIG_USB_DWC3_HOST is not set (Gadget only!)
CONFIG_USB_DWC3_GADGET=y
CONFIG_USB_DWC3_PCI=m

The error I get is :
udc-core: couldn't find an available UDC - added [g_ether] to list of pending drivers

and the usb0 network interface does not show up.

What am I missing?

Best Regards
Henrik