[meta-intel] Meta-Intel NUC Support

Desone Burns desone.burns at nikolamotor.com
Tue Oct 30 14:11:37 PDT 2018

All,

I'm currently developing a Yocto project to be run on the Intel NUC8i7HVK,
and have been having some trouble getting the X11 server to start. I can
start the machine and get a command prompt, but anything graphical that
otherwise works on other Intel processors does not seem to work on the NUC.
I can boot up the machine and provide the log for more information if that
helps, but I notice that with other Linux distributions the display problem
seems to have been resolved by using Kernel version 4.18 (the version I'm
using at this point). My understanding is that this problem has to do with
limited support for the NUC's graphics card, but perhaps one of you has
more insight. Any help you are able to provide is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

*Desone Burns II*

Software Engineer

Nikola Corporation