[meta-intel] g_ether functionality for Intel E3845 CPU (valley-island, bay-trail)

Tan, Jui Nee jui.nee.tan at intel.com
Thu Nov 22 18:09:40 PST 2018

Hi,

Please follow Sumo build procedure that built against Poky (Yocto Project Reference Distro) 2.5.1 meta-intel 9.1 linux-intel 4.14 and add following configurations:

• Create file meta-intel/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-intel/usb.cfg and add below kernel configs to file usb.cfg:
CONFIG_USB_GADGET=y
CONFIG_NOP_USB_XCEIV=y
CONFIG_ETHER_GADGET=m
CONFIG_USB_DWC3=y
# CONFIG_USB_DWC3_HOST is not set (Gadget only!)
CONFIG_USB_DWC3_GADGET=y
CONFIG_USB_DWC3_PCI=m

• To include file "usb.cfg", add below line to kernel recipe file meta-intel/common/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-intel_4.14.bb
   SRC_URI_append = " file://usb.cfg<file:///\\usb.cfg>"

After adding above configurations successfully, build the image and boot it.

Finally, run following command on terminal:

1.       modprobe g_ether

2.       lsmod –  after modprobe g_ether, you will find g_ether in the list.

3.       Ifconfig – you can see usb0 interface now.

Thanks,
Juinee