[meta-intel] DPDK for Grangeville platform

Anuj Mittal anuj.mittal at intel.com
Wed Jul 11 20:27:53 PDT 2018

On 07/12/2018 08:26 AM, Thomas, GabrielX wrote:
> Hello Anuj,
>
> The customer has sent the following information:
>
> Yes, I added those lines. .config in my build directory has:
>
> CONFIG_IXGBE=m
> CONFIG_IXGBE_HWMON=y
> CONFIG_IXGBE_DCA=y
> CONFIG_IXGBE_DCB=y
> CONFIG_IXGBEVF=m
> CONFIG_I40E=m
> CONFIG_I40E_DCB=y
> CONFIG_I40EVF=m
>
> The ixgbe.ko is built, but when I load the image it is not under ib/modules/4.9.99-intel-pk-standard.

Looks like you are building core-image-minimal which doesn't, by
default, include kernel-modules.

You can use IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " kernel-modules" in your local.conf
to have them in final image or use the sato based images that consider
value of MACHINE_EXTRA_RRECOMMENDS (that meta-intel uses to install
modules and firmware).

> When I copy manually and try to insmod, I get the following errors:
>
> [  722.934646] ixgbe: Unknown symbol mdio_mii_ioctl (err 0)
> [  722.940697] ixgbe: Unknown symbol mdio45_probe (err 0)
> insmod: ERROR: could not insert module ixgbe.ko: Unknown symbol in module

This points to missing dependencies, in this case mdio driver I guess.

Thanks,

Anuj