[meta-intel] Old Hardware Support

Enrico Pelò enrico.pelo at fastwebnet.it
Mon Dec 24 00:44:01 PST 2018

Hello,
the PC boot but after the Yocto's splash screen the display went black and the computer is not visible on the network.
The same configuration with meta-intel defaulta works fine on a I5 8th generation.
But I used
PREFERRED_VERSION_linux-yocto ?= "4.14%"
instead of
PREFERRED_VERSION_linux-intel = "4.14%"

Maybe is this the problem?

Thank you
Enrico

On 24/12/2018, 07:37, "Mittal, Anuj" <anuj.mittal at intel.com> wrote:

    Hi,

    On Sun, 2018-12-23 at 18:07 +0100, Enrico Pelò wrote:
    > Hello guys,
    > I’m new to the bitbake.
    > I need to create image with the latest distro (THUD) with Qt5 and
    > meta intel.
    >
    > I’ve old Intel hardware N3700 (Cherry Hill), building the image for
    > intel-corei7-64 does not work on this hardware with Thud branch.
    > I think the BSP Kernel is too new for this hardware.

    Can you please share the error and the logs? What exactly is happening
    and with which kernel version?

    > Unfortunately I’m not able to find a way to fix, maybe is necessary
    > to build the image for this hardware with old kernel?
    >
    > Is there some docs that explain how to achieve this?

    You can switch between the kernels to be built using:

    PREFERRED_VERSION_linux-intel = "4.9%"

    or

    PREFERRED_VERSION_linux-intel = "4.14%"

    or