[meta-intel] case 00300047 - zlib-qat , for QAT17 yocto support

Thomas, GabrielX gabrielx.thomas at intel.com
Fri Aug 17 13:59:51 PDT 2018

Hello, guys,

I have received the following case:

We are working on an Intel Atom C3558.

Using Centos 7 and the qat drivers (https://01.org/sites/default/files/downloads/intelr-quickassist-technology/qat1.7.l.4.2.0-00012.tar.gz) we are able to use the QAT engine's full functionality (compression-encryption)

As we are using Yocto for our production system we would like to get the QAT's package which will be fully functional. At this point by using the qat17 (support for C3558) recipe we are able to get the QAT engines up and running in our system but the zlib-qat recipe does not seem to work in combination with qat17.

After coming in contact with the maintainer of the meta-intel-qat layer we were informed that the zlib-qat recipe only works along with qat16 recipe but the qat16 is not intended to be used with our hardware.

I would like to ask, if there are any plans for zlib-qat support for qat17?
What's the procedure for a support request on this issue?

Thanks in advanced for your support.

Best regards,
Gabriel Thomas

Intel Customer Support - Agent is under contract to Intel.

For information on Intel's privacy practices, please see our privacy policy at:
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/privacy/intel-online-privacy-notice-summary.html

Or you may write: Intel Corporation, ATTN Privacy, Mailstop RNB4-145, 2200 Mission College Blvd., Santa Clara, CA 95054 USA
Intel Corporation | Legal Information: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/legal/terms-of-use.html

Intel is a registered trademark of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries. *Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others"