[meta-intel] Building image for legacy BIOS

Teemu K maillinglists18 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 20:54:22 PDT 2018

Hi,

It's been awhile since I last time compiled Yocto for x86 using
meta-intel so a lot has changed.

I have x86 based HW I'm compiling Yocto image (Yocto version 2.4)
using latest meta-intel for that Yocto.

Image compiles ok, but it seems that the wic-file is for UEFI and I
understood that meta-intel defaults to that nowadays.

I tried to remove 'efi' from MACHINE_FEATURES and have 'pcbios' there,
but still it seems to create UEFI image.

How to I force legacy BIOS - image creation?

I used intel-core2-32 - machine config in my tests.

-TeemuK