[meta-intel] Xeon D1500 GPIO userspace access write error: No such device or address

Lai Eddy eddy.lai.tw at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 18:12:36 PDT 2017

I have just build and run Yocto(Pyro 2.3.1) Linux on my Xeon D1500 board,
I want to use the SOC's GPIO pins for a push button, so I use "bitbake
linux-yocto -c menuconfig" to enable the
"Device Drivers"-->"GPIO Support"-->"sysfs interface", and also enable the
"Intel ICH GPIO"
after the kernel boot on the board, there's a gpiochip available:
# cd /sys/class/gpio/
# ls
export gpiochip436  unexport
# more gpiochip436/ngpio
76
but I got an error when I issue the command to export GPIO#1
# echo 436 > export
-sh: echo: write error: No such device or address
# echo 437 > export
-sh: echo: write error: No such device or address

is there kernel miss configured or something wrong on the operation?

Eddy Lai