[meta-intel] SoC x1021 support in Intel-quark BSP

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Wed Sep 21 08:27:08 PDT 2016

On Tue, 2016-09-20 at 20:54 +0000, Fredrik Östergren wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are testing a Supermicro SYS-E100-8Q board with an Intel Quark SoC
> x1021 CPU for our IoT implementation and I was wondering if the BSP
> "Intel Common core (intel-quark)" supports this processor?

It should support this, if you use the meta-intel layer and set
MACHINE=intel-quark.

Which version of the Yocto Project are you using?

> If it does, what is the correct way to build the partition structure
> and put the yocto image  onto a SD card for booting this device ?

You can use the "wic" command and the mkgalileodisk.wks (or possibly
galileodisk-sd.wks) to correctly create a partitioned image that can be
dd'ed to an SD card.

Sau!