[meta-intel] standard/intel/base revisions

Cal Sullivan california.l.sullivan at intel.com
Mon Oct 3 14:20:49 PDT 2016

On 10/03/2016 02:10 PM, Patrick Ohly wrote:
> On Mon, 2016-10-03 at 12:59 -0700, Cal Sullivan wrote:
>> My local linux-yocto-4.4 branch was at that commit ID, and after doing a
>> git fetch and git status I see the following:
>>
>> [clsulliv at clsulliv linux-yocto-4.4]$ git st
>> On branch standard/intel/base
>> Your branch and 'origin/standard/intel/base' have diverged,
>> and have 1327 and 325 different commits each, respectively.
>>     (use "git pull" to merge the remote branch into yours)
>>
>> So something definitely seems wrong.
>>
>> Now, to add some confusion to the problem, when I build using upstream
>> meta-intel, it has no issue building with those commit IDs. Even wiping
>> out my build directory (and thus getting rid of tmp, sstate, and
>> downloads) it still fetches and builds successfully.
> Are you 100% sure it fetches the kernel source anew and doesn't reuse
> some locally cached or mirrored repo? linux-yocto's log.do_fetch might
> show that.

You're right, it looks likeits actually pulling from a mirror:
DEBUG: For url
git://git.yoctoproject.org/linux-yocto-4.4.git;name=machine;branch=standard/intel/base;
returning
http://downloads.yoctoproject.org/mirror/sources/git2_git.yoctoproject.org.linux-yocto-4.4.git.tar.gz

It looks like it was last updated September 13th, explaining why it has
the correct commit IDs.

---
Cal