[meta-intel] meta-intel.inc: Update INTRD to INITRD_LIVE

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Thu Mar 31 20:16:00 PDT 2016

On Fri, 2016-04-01 at 09:33 +0800, Robert Yang wrote:

> On 03/31/2016 09:16 PM, Patrick Ohly wrote:
> >>
> >> Sorry, I'm a little confused, did you mean that you only use vm image ?
> >
> > No. I'm using a custom image creation class which does not use
> > bootimg.bbclass at all.
>
> Maybe I can help if you can show me the class.

https://github.com/ostroproject/meta-ostro/blob/master/meta-ostro/classes/image-dsk.bbclass

As you can see, it uses INITRD. This can be replaced by INITRD_LIVE, but
that's an API change in OE-core that hasn't been properly explained and
might also affect other users. Therefore my question whether we can find
a solution where INITRD still has the same effect as before.

If that's not possible, then as discussed with Saul on chat, INITRD_LIVE
also is a poor name for the (new?) API, and it would be better to use
INITRD_HW, to indicate that this is the variable meant to be used for
real hardware.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.